Cell Health Assays
- Characterise compounds designed to promote or inhibit cell proliferation
- Assess the cytotoxicity of drugs by measuring dead and/or live cells
- Interrogate cell death mechanism (apoptosis vs necrosis)
Various assay formats can be used, such as plate-based assays for medium to high throughput or more comprehensive assays using flow cytometry or fluorescence microscopy platforms. Cell health assays are therefore used throughout drug development, from screening of early candidates, to characterisation of lead molecules and drug substance release assays.
Microplate reader-based cell viability, cytotoxicity and apoptosis assays are routinely performed at GreenLight.
We also offer to customise and characterise assays to suit particular project needs. Typically, assay optimisation would encompass incubation time and compound concentration evaluation. Various platforms and assay readouts are available, allowing to select the most appropriate method for each study.
Platforms for cell health assays:
- Fluorescence, luminescence or colorimetric assays compatible with multi-mode microplate readers
- Cell labelling with specific live/dead cell dyes and apoptotic markers for flow cytometry
- Stain-free or fluorescence intensity imaging
Working with GreenLight
GreenLight’s undertakes bioassays on behalf of clients as standalone projects or as part of larger development projects. We focus on developing the correct bioassay to help you understand your molecule and will help guide you in the correct.
To get more information, a quote or to schedule a teleconference please contact us.
SK-BR-3 Proliferation: Measurement of cell proliferation using stain-free image analysis.